Unit 2 - Software Development Approaches
Covers syllabus 8.1.2
(all links below are to documents on google drive unless indicated)
This unit looks at the different approaches that can be used to develop software.
Driving Question 5: What do you need to write Software?
- Notes overviewing what is required to develop software including
software languages, people, SDLC, development approaches (reading).
Driving Question 6: What are the steps/process to design and develop a program?
- Detailed Notes on the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using the Structured Development approach (reading)
- Notes on why projects fail (reading)
Driving Question 7: What development approach can I use?
- Notes and questions: Why use the structured approach?
Summary and questions on the Structured approach
- Notes and activity: End user and RAD approaches
Summary of End user and RAD, plus practical activity to create to create a program using a Spreadsheet.
- Notes and questions: Agile approach
Summary of Agile and questions on 2 articles
Article (website link) on Agile vs Structured
- Notes and activity: Prototyping approach
Summary of Prototyping plus activity creating a website/app using prototyping tools
- Summary of all 5 development methods plus activity on selectioning a method for a particular problem.
Zipped file containing all the files above.